CAREERS Camp YMAA Counselor Application Form
We are looking for a passionate, energetic and enthusiastic camp counselors who enjoy working in a fun-filled athletic and academic learning environment. If you’re driven, motivated and enjoy working and teaching children, then this is the opportunity for you!
Paid and unpaid positions are available.
The summer day camp will be held from Monday, July 8th – Friday, July 26, 2019, from 9 am -3:30 pm (weekends excluded)
Requirements for Paid Summer Camp Senior Counselors & Volunteer Junior Counselors:
Every counselor & volunteer must fulfill the requirements mentioned below.
- Must be 14 years of age or older (Jr.) Unpaid Position or
- Must be 17 years of age or older (Sr.) Paid Position
- Must be available all camp days from 8:30 am-3: 30 pm (Programs begin at 9 am)
- Can stay until 4:00 pm for one week of the program
- Passion and willingness to learn and accept feedback
- Demonstrate leadership qualities – role model of good character, facilitate and participate in activities
- Demonstrate positive character traits – respect, kindness, caring and courteous behaviour to campers and fellow staff members.
- Maintains a clean and professional appearance at all times
- Respect the buildings and facilities on camp property
- Foster an uplifting environment with enthusiasm & keeping speech free from profanity
- Refrain from bringing any alcohol, tobacco or other controlled substances
- Minimal use of cell phones during the day **No pictures of campers are permitted**
- Attendance to pre-camp training sessions a requirement
- If you are selected to a volunteer position, counselors 16 years and older will need to then complete a VSS (Vulnerable Sector Screening) to be eligible. Volunteers will need a letter which YMAA will provide in order to complete the screening. Please visit http://www.yrp.ca/en/services/vulnerable-sector-check.asp and download the PVSC Application Form.
Accepted applications will be based on the number of campers. There is no guarantee of a position until a confirmation has been sent to you.
Please complete the application form below. If you have any questions, you can reach us via the Contact Us page. We thank you for your interest!
I understand and agree that the information provided by me on this application (and attached sheets) is accurate and complete, and understand that any misrepresentation made by me in connection with this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of the application and/or termination of future employment with the Young Muslims Athletic Association. I hereby authorize the Young Muslims Athletic Association to make such inquiries respecting the foregoing information as may be deemed necessary. I agree to present proof of age if I am offered a position, understanding that it is essential information for insurance/pension purposes. I understand that not all positions are available to me upon application.
- Applicant Information
- Employment Information
- Work/Volunteer Experience